Friday, April 23, 2010

Dry Charcoal Dust Painting: JN

My nephew sent me his drawing.
The story why he drew this made me laugh; thus inspired me to make his portrait.

I started with the eyes by blotting a pair of big dots on paper using the tip of the paint brush.
The old fashion way of measuring the face is using the pencil or the paint brush as a ruler. Just be creative, do what is easier for you.
When the facial features start to form, continue to shade them more.
It is harder to erase when you make hard strokes. Light stokes for the ears.
I am now concentrating on the mouth with few and light strokes with the paint brush.
Then the hair.Next, the neck.
Shirt, after.
I don't know. I think as soon as the subject is recognizable, I may stop shading the facial features, then finish the neck portion downward. But just to know how it will come out, I'll continue shading.
When the facial features seems to be on the right place, go back to what needs to be darkened.
He's a very bright and talented little kid.
JN
23April2010
9"x12"
Corona Sketch Pad

No comments:

Post a Comment

You're welcome to write your related comments and you're solely responsible for what you write. Thank you.