Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Gadget Review: Albite Reader 2.2 and Lenovo P50

My sister gave me a Lenovo P50 cellphone she won in a raffle from one of their company activities abroad. I love reading eBooks so I researched online which reader was compatible for its Java application. I am ecstatic to discover Svetlin Ankov's free Albite Reader 2.2 non-touch version. He has his own website Albite Books.

Among the features I really like for my sensitive eyes include the anti-aliased bitmap font.



Second, the easy free dictionary look up. It's slow and dependent to my cellphone's speed specs, but helpful enough.

Third, there are portable book setting and access storage via micro SD card capability. But it's easier to scroll down and access my eBook files including EPUB and txt files when I store them in their own separate folders by Author.

Fourth, cover images can be seen if they are small enough or compatible.

Last, is the vertical and horizontal scrolling, because one of the downside of Lenovo P50 is its brittle keypad. There are several options which key to use for scrolling.

I don't like watches because my wrist skin is sensitive from things wrapped around it and because of the above reasons, I learned to like this cellphone. It's very handy with its 240 x 320 screen.

I am looking forward to Ankov's Albite Reader 3. Unfortunately, I accidentally dropped my Lenovo P50 by the rocky seaside and got wet and damaged last March, 2013. I really love that cellphone. I'll be happy to get one again.

Ankov has a lot of grateful user for his invention, including myself. A lot of people can't afford cellphones and apps, and even live in countries who ban certain books. These people may access such with their compatible cellphones that runs Java games. I can't help but tell him my gratitude and was happy that he replied as well!

1 comment:

  1. Albite Reader for Windows mobile phone:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZoOaxL9MLo&ab_channel=SvetlinAnkovSvetlinAnkov

    ReplyDelete

You're welcome to write your related comments and you're solely responsible for what you write. Thank you.