Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Book Review: The Forest of Hands and Teeth (Trilogy) by Carrie Ryan

The Forest of Hands and Teeth (The Forest of Hands and Teeth, #1)The Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This is my most favorite fiction book about zombies, dystopian, post apocalytic, romance, name it!

I had started with the second book, then this one, last was the third. I think that's how it should be read. I like to watch a movie of these books.

I wasn't into review thing and just started seriously reading books like these last year.

After reading several similar genre, I think the movie World War Z can destroy plots like these with zombies reaching over the wall stepping on each other. But it depends on the virus or how they were reanimated and what they can do. While The Walking Dead's set it on the Prison and keep several fences, the forest can have more thrilling effect. When I read, I don't think of the other books, doing so could spare myself from spoiling the fun.

What makes this book stand out? Perhaps how the author managed to tell the story, even in a similar plot, the available resources and what she used and discarded. I like the idea of climbing a tree where you're supposed to be safe from zombies. Finding a secret place or things is a plus before, during or after the zombies attack.

I like how the story keeps on after a generation and the ending of the trilogy.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

You're welcome to write your related comments and you're solely responsible for what you write. Thank you.